Christmas
Its been too long since we had a Christmas Feast cum get together. And we really really stuffed ourselves with food. There wasn't like a huge variety but, the quality and quantity made up for it.
In the picture, a whole leg of ham ( only a portion sliced up here ), Bavarian roast beef (I call it barbarian roast, carved by yours truly), Turkey, a whole plate of assorted sushi and Japanese styled salad!

Not to forget the fresh cut salmon. My uncle said it was salmon belly or something. I understand not.

For desserts, there was fruits, almond longan, and some mango log cake thing. All that accompanied by fine red wine and Ice wine. Unfortunately, I had to skip the alcohol due to headache and panadol. BUMMER!
Spent Tuesday in school training for AAS competition. Got all wet from top to toe, external to internal. Shooting went reasonably well, though I wasn't quite focused. Competition was coming up and I was really feeling the state of unpreparedness.
Went out straight after training in my soaked black fatigues and soaked boots. Yes, even my boots got soaked cos the leather was getting too seasoned to be water proof. Managed to change into another polo-shirt tho. Thankfully I anticipated that one. Headed down to Plaza Singapura, tired as hell for dinner.
I've been moved under Ronghui's (BRUDDER BEAR, now FUDDER BEAR) cell after coming down from Adrian's G12. A slight relieve since I really didn like the pressure of being at the 144 level. Got to know a little bit more about my new brothers and mother bear as well. =D I actually do feel excited about this new start, and look forward to the year ahead with them. Oh. Did I mention i had the fluffy freshly baked waffles with them at Gelare's? MUAHHAHAAHA.
Today: Wednesday, 28th Dec was interview day at NCS. Got up a lil earlier than usual to head down to NCS to meet the project manager in charge of me. Had a reasonably chatty interview, and got to know them a lil better. My direct supervisor is an indonesian bloke who used to do compound archery for fun. Not bad, at least SOMEthing in common i guess.
Headed down to Funan to visit B.S Moey to get my new contacts done up. I'm kinda a little overdue for that. The new set is gonna cost me a hundred and sixty bucks for a year's supply!! A little steeper than usual.. =/ Then the urge to buy Falcon 4.0 Allied Force hit me. I explored Funan to its entirety and could not find a single shop that sold it!
Because of that, I nearly lost my life today. I decided to head off to Sim Lim to try my luck there. Instead of following Martin's instruction to head there via 851, i took 147 instead. I asked the driver if 147 stopped near Sim Lim, and the ugly, pig faced/brained driver said yes, and I had to alight near Teck Kar Market... (Like where the hell is that?!) I said, "Where's that? Can tell me when to alight?" The hard of hearing S.O.B didn't nod or reply... and I stupidly assumed he heard me.
By the time I got suspicious, it was too late. The driver said, "Pass long long ago already, why didn you alight?" My face had WTF written all over it. I DIDN'T KNOW WHERE IT WAS!! And the driver just casually said, "Aiya, den cross opposite and take the bus there lar." HE DIDN'T EVEN APOLOGISE! Argh.
Frustrated as hell, I got off the bus and ended up walking around the area trying to orientate myself to where I was. Fortunately, I figured out Potong Pasir MRT was nearby, and decided to call it a day and head home. It was on this return leg, that I nearly got RUN DOWN BY A
WHITE VOLVO S60!! To top it off, this IMPUDENT driver
HONKED! me as I was strolled towards the sidewalk.
Two choices of instant reactions came to me by then.
- Ignore and walk away
- Turn around and flip the finger
As I turned around and squinted to see who the driver was, that impudent driver started waving something from behind his windshield. I assumed it was an offensive gesture and was really getting pissed. Down came the window, a hand popped out, but it wasn't the finger. Comically, a head popped out to reveal my would be assassin. None other than my dear sister, Bernice Tay!! I think both of us communicated the same message to each other before we opened our mouths, "WTH R U DOING HERE?!" (OKAY, I exaggerated the parts above with bits and pieces of my thoughts while I that happened, and she didn't really try to run me down.)
I think Eunice was in the car as well, together with her grandmother or something. We all waved and bid farewell to this chance encounter. Yes, her grandmother waved too... LOL!
I guess that funny incident really made my spoiled day with that stupid bus driver a lot better. Took the train to Serangoon, switched a bus and got home in one piece. No more
WHITE VOLVO S60s trying to run me down. Got home, and joined my brother in our campaign to conquer the world in CIV4.
*PS Bern, don't drive too fast when you see me hor. Foot off the gas, and be nice. I'm not your mortal enemy... yet. =D *
listening to the rain...
12:03 AM